Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Phone Call

You whisper for me to listen to you,
To hear you out for one minute.
I am hurt.
Your please's and sorry's fail to wade me.
Fail to draw me in.
You were too close,anyway.

I tell you to hang up or I will,
You reply with silence.
''I'm going!'',I scream.
''Please...don't''
And we trace this circle again.
Don't waste my time...don't fucking waste my time.

Utter not that I am beautiful when you utter it to another,
And 3 times as sweet for 3 years,pardoned.
Then,beauty becomes null.
Then,all of your words lose their meaning.
This is why I curse you.
I curse you in every way I can,
Because I can.

''What do you want?'', I speak in low tones.
What more could you possibly want from me?
You are selfish,run to her,
Why don't you?

I hear you drawing air in,sighing lowly.
Sniffling and whimpering...why are you crying?
We're better off without this.
I am better off without this.
I am hot with anger!
Raising my tongue to say...

''I'm going,goodbye''
This time,I really do hang up.


The line goes dead


And we dance this dance again,not a festive dance
But a sombre one,a defeated one-that dance.
My feet are tired,
My toes won't tip anymore.

Don't call me again.

0 comments: