Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Documentation of My Clay Hands (A Wuk In Progress)

Preliminary shape.Blocked out fingers.
So another one of my quaint obsessions is hands.
This is when they were just started and what they currently look like.The first 2 pics are of when they were just started,the rest are what they look like at the moment.Some minor things still need fixing and more detail needs to be added.The gestures are common mudras found in Hindu and Buddhist iconography. After they've dried,I'm painting them,applying actual mehndi then sealing them with resin.

Bhramaram-Feather,Song,Water,Umbrella,Weeping.

Pallavam-
 Length of an Eye,Spear,Distance,Leaf,Trail






Bhramaram







Pallavam (in front) Bhramaram (behind)


What they look like now.

4 comments:

. said...

Ugh! Finally ^^ I am so glad you fixed the commenting thing. This is so awesome, you've triumphed over one of the most difficult images to recreate, hands, and you did it in three D. I just love this, probably my favourite bit here on your blog. really awesome!!! Sighh.... so cool ^^

modnite said...

So bloody awesome! I could quote from FMA about your hands being meant to create and all that.It was such a huge change from the first image to the last.

Cécesque said...

Thanks both of you!=D I still have to make some adjustments with the thumbs of both but I'm pretty satisfied.It'll be completely painted and everything in about a month because I'm leaving it to dry and blah blah blah.On to wire bending now!

@DeadEyes.-_- :I just love hands!My teacher told me I have a thing for them and that I'm good at drawing them and painting them as well.I have an old drawing somewhere that I'd dig up and share sometime.Still continuing with studies of the human anatomy.Glad you like it xD

@modnite:*blushie* Ikr,total 360 from the first 2 pics,haha.

. said...

Oh yes, please share!! ^^ I totally suck at hands -_- So it'll be nice to see some gorgeous pix of hands and anatomy.