Monday, February 28, 2011

I am not a human, I just look like one -_-

Frankly,as much as I love people,I absolutely DESPISE them!Of course in our hapless generation we may not... CORRECTION- We WON'T ever see another Ghandi, Mandela, Martin Luther, Mother Theresa...you get what I'm saying,right?The human race has just dissolved all faith.And I use the word faith quite ambiguously here.In History class last week my teacher said we'd be the generation to witness Nelson Mandela's death.I'd had that exact thought when he was hospitalized some weeks ago.No,not morbid-realistic.That's all we ever witness really,right?DEATH,THE END.Never any kind of birth or beginning. Our existence is bland and dejected.


Sometimes I wish I were a monkey -_- Swinging jovially from branch to branch but alas, they will CHOP my trees down, leaving me without habitat to perpetuate my species.SELFISH,that's what human beings are.They, WE, possess no idea of ration and efficiency but solely greed and glutton.

This term,in History class of course, we studied Mahatma Ghandi and his plight of obtaining Swaraj ( Indian Independence). This was one topic that enthralled me and I'd anticipated going to every class with that particular History teacher to engage in discussion about this man. His life boggled me. I failed to understand (and still do) how a person could have existed among the mundane and be so deeply spiritual and selfless.I have somewhat of a growing obsession with Ghandi.We're only concerned with indulging, no kind of restrain or will.Ghandi exercised control.

Another aspect of this man that completely drew me in was his philosophies on life such as Satyagraha, which was non-violent disobedience-again, exhibiting that will to refrain from submission.
Because to most- he is merely a man in our History books.
And could you believe, if it were not for this man, Nelson Mandela would not have been inspired to fight against Apartheid in South Africa as he adopted a number of Ghandi's strategies? I just admire how one person's great actions inspired another.We don't have that again.We may never.Am I being too bleak? The only retaliation we have today, is negative. Ohhh,they invaded our country without a reason so let's invade their's and cause ten times as much damage as they did to us.

It's shameful, that this is where we have arrived. What have we left for our children but a diminishing world fueled by avaricious industrialists and corrupted moral?


He said to keep the faith.It's hard...

0 comments: