Thursday, February 24, 2011

From His Rib

A painting I'm almost finished with entitled ''From His Rib'' and based on the following passage :

“Be very careful if you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears. The woman came out of a man’s rib. Not from his feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved.” -Hebrew Talmud

The rib cage of the figure on the left is a work in progress and the figure on the right is still disproportionate and I'm not satisfied with her colours at all but that shall be fixed tomorrow. It's acrylic on canvas panel with a textured background made out of toilet paper :P hehe. This was also my first time using palette knives (on the two main figures) and there's lots of room for improvement.Generally I'm ok with this piece,but NEVER pleased with any of my work-ever, mostly because I think I'm an untalented fuck the majority of the time =/


Her legs and bamcee IRK me right now* twitches*
Pic cut out some of her arms as well.
On the left are two glazed images,I trust that you could guess which part of the passage inspired those (it's a man's chest and a crouching figure in a heart).

That's all for now,really.
Blessings flow.

3 comments:

modnite said...

You inspire me you know. Believe it or not. People tend to flock with their own kind. I guess this is why I have friends who are artists in some regard. We live off of each other in a mutual fashion, encouraging each other to push our talents further, increasing morale and even borrowing techniques and ideas. I already spoke to you just now about your painting but you gotta know how great you are. I understand that you may not appreciate your pieces once they're completed but one day, you'll look back at them and realize they're all stepping stones. Each time you create, you want to create more. You want to create greater works of art each time. So keep on. I really like this piece given the excerpt it was based on. Given my rather romantic mood tonight, it speaks to me.

Cécesque said...

Oh gosh!You just made my night Bon Bon!Nobody's ever told me that before! *biiig stinking blush* Gracias!!!I just love how you explained that,it's so correct!We do,indeed,live/feed off each other's creative energy.It's quite a beautiful thing.I love us.I love that we're able to make something tangible from what we feel,what we experience.Thanks once more for the encouragement!I'm not particularly used to it <3 Muah!

. said...

Wow, this looks pretty awesome! :D