Monday, December 20, 2010

Old untitled thing I wrote 2 years ago.Enjoy!

The Earth giveth life and at will,She taketh back.

When the orchid bears fruit,the storm destroys the
Trees.
The showers quench the thirsting land,while the drought
Deprives it.
The ewe gives breath to her calf and the snake takes it 
Away.

Mankind creates his own disasters,is his greatest enemy.
Holds the ability to change but refuses;
Sloth beith the sin of choice.
He walketh into his own wars,attempting to fight her,but
In reality...fighting himself.
She shall always reign victorious.
Her forces more lethal than the fire that spits from his cannons.

The Earth provideth him with fruit--Man uproots her trees.
She provideth him with water--Man desecrates her seas.
Ungrateful is he who snaps at the hand which feeds him.

She shall,in time,reclaim what is rightfully hers...


_______________________________________________________


This was the pic I attached to the note.Hippie much? =)
I wrote this in a note on Facebook a while ago and found it while I was cleaning my profile out(yes I reactivated,we'd get to that at a later date -_-)Soooo in explanation,it's about the relationship between Mother Earth and Man.Yes,I played with the theme of gender conflict here as well (I enjoy doing that quite a bit).A friend of mine told me that he thought it reads like a prophecy,I suppose that's a good thing as it was my first time experimenting with Elizabethan language and I intended for it to sound like one of those old English verses.The forth stanza coincides with the first,the whole analogy of trees,fruits and water.That which sustains.There's no real structure to this piece but it's one of those I am proud of.

1 comments:

modnite said...

Hippie guuuuuuuurl! Chose that nickname for ya for all the right reasons. XD
Beautiful poem, sucked me in at one point. I wished it was longer.