Monday, December 6, 2010

''God is a concept by which we measure our pain'' .Remembering Lennon (9th October 1940-8th December 1980)

It's times like these when you're reminded of the geniuses who once graced our earth.It's times like these when I wish I was born in the freakin' 60's to experience musical evolutions.On Wednesday it's going to be 30 years since the assasination of John Lennon, co-frounder of The Beatles.

Obviously I'm a Beatles fan but I'm an even bigger fan of Lennon's solo work as a musician as well as his political activism.I have a great fascination with Lennon.There just aren't ANY artists today who embody the kind of talent and eccentricity as Lennon did and for his idosyncrasy,I salute him.There will never exist another satirical mastermind such as him and it's only fitting that I dedicate an entire post to this man who remains a profound inspiration to many,including myself as an art student. ^_^



''I just believe in me''

In a strange twist of irony,I sat on the couch waiting for Lennon's ''Imagine'' documentary to begin and I had my sketch book with me doodling ideas for a piece when I tossed it aside and it opened on the first page,which was a sketch of John I did earlier this year in preparation for a portrait I set out to do.I think I'm gonna make it my duty to do the portrait on the anniversary of his death,so it'll be even more meaningful.Finished product will be posted. =) <3

R.I.P John!

0 comments: