JUST because I want to lock my hair DOES NOT mean that I want to be a RASTAFARIAN.
1) Locks are generally associated with spiritual paths.
2)PEOPLE HAVE LOCKED THEIR HAIR BEFORE RASTAFARIANISM WAS EVEN CONCEIVED.
Now,do not get me wrong-I deeply admire the Rastafarian culture,though I DO NOT agree with it.You ever heard of a bisexual Rastafarian?Seriously?I did my Communication Studies I.A on this particular topic just so people can understand before they choose to judge.What I like about Rastas, first and foremost, is their rebellious nature.Secondly,I like their simplistic way of thinking. THAT IS ALL. With my friends there are constant jokes about me becoming a Rasta,you know why?Because the idea is so far fetched it's FUNNY.I love Reggae music,I love the culture-but it is NOT for me.So when I make jokes using Rastafarian vernacular and such-assholes,do not take it seriously.I am locking my hair,I am not a Rasta,mind your own business.
Also,I DO love my country.Very much.I HATE the STATE that it's in currently.I do not see improvement anywhere in the near future.I am not being negative-I am being realistic.I want to continue my studies in New York because here simply lacks the resources for the field I want to go into.So fucking SUE me for wanting to explore other horizons.I am not permanently leaving,I would very much love to be back and forth if my life permits it in the future. Again,the people who maco and maco wrongly and misinterpret,need to study themeselves and find their way first before they jump out at others who OBVIOUSLY don't share certain information with them because they just aren't that important.
PS: Yes,I AM ''artsy fartsy''.When did it become illegal to have a passion?
NB: For those who are confused,this was inspired by a message someone directed at me-'' Wait, so you're ah artsyfartsy, bohemian, "downtoearth", wannabe-Rasta who HATES T&T & wanna escape to the U.S. (aka BABYLON)?''
[exeunt]
Friday, April 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
"So fucking sue me for wanting to explore new horizons" lol I love that line :) Jah Bless! lol Go forth and lock your hair I'm 100% that you are gonna look amaZing!
Post a Comment