Salomé is to be depicted nude in a sitting position on the floor and a tambourine resting between her thighs,with fabric draped in the background.The draped fabric is to take the form of a skirt..so basically it's a magnified view of a gympsy's skirt and her foot,while dancing...but the central focus is Salomé's actual nude body.
To ensure the success of this piece,I have literally fleshed out the character of Salomé in my head.I feel as though we have established some kind of intimate relationship and she is now a part of me.Maybe it's the little bit of ''gypsy's blood'' that courses through my veins,but I feel completely taken over by the idea of this painting...I can only imagine what the actual painting would do to me.
I have developed an interest in Sufi music;a type of music with Arabic origins.It just seems like an appropriate genre of music to listen to while painting this piece,it sounds like something a gypsy would dance to and it's very relaxing.I love it.
I'd post pics of the process of conceiving this painting and the eventual result :)
Blessings flow...
No,I did not draw this.I stole it from the inter webs and thought that it was appropriate for this entry ^_^
.jpg)

2 comments:
Sounds like an exciting piece ^^ can't wait to see it. I love Hungarian folk tales, especially about gypsies, so it'll be interesting to see how you depict this exotic traveller.
I'm starting it this week,really excited myself.Can't wait to share my rendition ^_^
Post a Comment